Many people choose backpacks over suitcases because carrying a backpack is more convenient if you are traveling somewhere looking for adventures. Picking up the right backpack is too important because if you choose it too big, you have to carry a load of extra weight; if the backpack is too small, you can’t fit some valuable items; if the material is not waterproof, and your items will be soaked in the rain. So we tried to bring the best waterproof travel backpack for you.
You have to think about quite a few features before buying a backpack for yourself. An important tip is, never borrow a backpack from your friend or buy it based on your friend’s recommendation, as your need can be different from your friend, or the size can be too big or too small for you. Here we are discussing some aspects you want to consider before buying one for yourself.
1. Size: Pick up a backpack you can carry easily and comfortably.
2. Waterproofing: Look for a backpack made of a water resistant material, as you don’t want to open your bag to find a bunch of wet clothes whenever you get caught in the rain.
3. Access: A good backpack should have many compartments so that you can organize everything, from a sleeping bag to those dirty hiking boots, in it. You can use the lockable hideout pockets to hide some extra money, your Id proofs or passports.
4. Frame: There are three kinds of frames pack- none, internal and external. Nowadays most backpacks are internally framed, though some externally framed models are available. But make sure you avoid the externally framed packs as these are heavier, and you would want to avoid the extra load.
5. Straps: Good straps ensure a better fit. If the straps are not good enough, you will feel uncomfortable. Buy a backpack that has a padded hip strap, padded shoulder strap, a strap connecting across your chest and a carry strap.
Here we suggest the Best waterproof Travel backpacks with Reviews for your consideration, hope you’ll choose the best one in fast way and ready for your journey soon.
(1) Paladineer Outdoor Sport Internal Frame Backpack 85-liters
These bags are Multifunctional and portable. They are meant for outdoor carries. These products are made from super light fabrics. They are safe and convenient to use. They are equipped with adjustable shoulder strap and waist fit strap according to need. Besides, this backpack seems to complete with the 85L main pack, detachable daypack and removable lid at the top. The durable foam lumbar pad and molded channels provide maximum comfort and airflow. Fit for any course of adventure. It is prepared to handle whatever is thrown at it. The thick sponge at the hinge can effectively reduce burden. These bags provide high protection, making travel more convenient.
• These bags are made of advanced 900D oxford internal breathable water-resistant fabrics
• The top and bottom compression straps secures sleeping
• Lower compression straps organizes gear and offer a quick access
• Open-cell foam is known for their durability
• A maximum comfort can be enjoyed
• Made from Nylon
• Nylon is not an Eco-friendly material.
• Thus the product is not Environment-friendly.
(2) TOMSHOO 70+5L Internal Frame Backpack Backpacking Water-resistant Trekking Bag with Rain Cover for Climbing Camping Hiking Travel Mountaineering
This product is made of nylon fabric, water and wears resistant, thick and durable. There are two metal rods that run down the back panel causing the whole frame made highly sturdy. It is equipped with one main big compartment with divider, one hydration access for the tube, one top storage pouch, and one bottom pocket for rain cover storage, one hip-belt pocket and two mesh bottle pouches, which make a big capacity with versatile function for adventure. There is Torso-length adjustments for maintaining height. The zippers effectively and buckles snap together with firmness. Conjugation of these two makes carrying convenient for the travelers.
• These product are made from Nylon Fabric
• Nylon has made them water and wear resistant
• They are known for their thickness and comfortability
• These products are too sturdy due to the presence of metal rods
• The backpacks are endowed with versatile functionality features
• Versatile functionality owes to the presence of compartments, rain cover pocket, mesh bottle pouches and hi-belt pocket.
• Perfect performance of Zippers and buckles has made this product an ideal companion for travelers.
• Made from Nylon Fabric
• Nylon is not an Eco-friendly material.
• Thus the product is not Environment-friendly
(3) Eshow Sports 30L/40L Internal Frame Ultralight Waterproof Backpack for Outdoor Mountaineering Hiking Traveling Climbing Camping with Rain Cover men women
Space air is used in Air bearing system. The product is made of breathable material that dries fast. Strap is padded for additional comfort. There is a chest clip that helps tighten the backpack against the body to make carrying the backpack more secure and comfortable. Lightweight design is recommended for its manufacturing. It is fit for outdoor, mountain climbing, travel, shopping, beach, sports and casual. The outside hanging hoop can hang climbing stick, ice axes and other equipment. Made from best quality material and it is guaranteed. 100% hand wash is recommended for cleaning. These bags serve in a variety of outfits and styles.
• Suspension system ensures maximum breathability.
• Special shock absorption straps induce more comfortable and better buffer effect
• Presence of various pockets ensure versatile uses
• Weight transfer of Belt and waist can be done to waist due to the presence of hanging rings
• The above phenomenon reduces pressure on shoulder.
• It also saves energy
• Made from Nylon cloth
• This material does not suffer any wear and tear
• Presence of Nylon can’t ever make the product an Eco-friendly one
(4) Hiking Backpack, EocuSun 50L Lightweight Outdoor Sport Camping Travel Internal Frame Backpack Waterproof Bag with Waist Pack for Climbing Mountaineering Fishing Travel Cycling
Buy from Amazon.com
The product is an affordable outdoor sport camping backpack with features usually seen only in higher-priced packs. With zip pockets, gear loops and straps all over the pack, it can be hung, tie or tuck throughout the gear needed for short trips. The side mesh pockets hold water bottle snugly or provide access to snacks. The Zippered side pockets are for stashing jacket, sunscreen or map, etc. Top bungee are used for rope or sleeping pad. This sleeping bag can be hung on the top or side of the backpack with attached compression straps. There comes a 50 liter top load main compartment with gusseted drawstring closure and adjustable top lid along with a secondary compartment and an internal zippered divider. The bags are equipped with multi-directional compression straps, and multiple compartments and pockets for strategic packing. These bags are used for outdoor travel, hiking, climbing, trekking, camping etc.
• These products are water-resistant
• They are known for their long life sustenance
• Made from Dacron, a water-resistant fabric
• Anti-scratch with strong hanging system that can carry more items
• Air cushion gasket. Breathable mesh and inner filling soft interlayer sponge buffer shock absorption
• Mesh and sponge help to reduce pressure in body contact areas
• Both of the above help in enhancing comfort level
• This product needs to be shipped separately
• Made from Nylon
• Products are no Eco-friendly
(5) SKYLE Waterproof Hiking Backpack 65 liter backpacking packs Internal Frame trekking backpack with Rain Cover 65l for Camping Mountaineering Climbing Backpacking
The product is made of Resistant Rip-top Polyester. There is an extension collar with two drawstrings on the top that can expand the pack and increase the main compartment capacity. There is provision for one hip-belt pockets, one bladder sleeve, one front pocket, a rain cover compartment and two mesh bottle pouches. Front sleeping bag compartment is provided with divider. There is a Sternum strap with emergency whistle buckle. There is a deep and dense padded shoulder straps and hip-belt that promote air circulation along back and shoulders attachment. The trekking pole attachment and bottom loops for ice axe or hiking poles.
• Main cargo area with compartment is locked by a drawstring
• Pack can be expanded and increase the main capacity when needed.
• Zippered pouch is on the reverse side for storing valuables
• Molded foam back panel and airflow channels allow for best ventilation
• Ventilation is provided with padded shoulder straps and back support
• Trekking is facilitated with adjustable chest belt and durable open-cell foam padding
• Products is well-built with trekking pole attachment, bottom loops and many multi-directional compression straps.
• The products are made from water-proof material.
• The product is made from water-resistant and rip-stop polyester for strengthening
• Thus, the product is not an Eco-friendly one.
(6)Deuter ACT Lite 60+10 SL Backpack
If you are considering a slightly heavier backpack, you may think of the new Deuter ACT Lite 60+10 SL Backpack. This backpack comes with very lightweight multi-chamber aluminum X-frame with an adjustable harness. The multilayer hip belt helps the forward pull function which readily fastened even with heavy loads. The gear capacity of this backpack is 60 liters which are more than enough to hold everything you want. It comes with a lot of compartments to help you organize everything from sleeping bags to laptops. It comes with an extendable collar which adds up another 10 liters of storage.
• The lightweight multi-chamber aluminum X-frame with an adjustable harness ensures an excellent comfort and fit.
• The bottom zipped compartment is made for storing sleeping bag and other lightweight items without disturbing the load stability.
• Comes with the vertical and horizontal external compression straps which help to distribute the heavy loads so that it can be carried comfortably.
• The extendable collar adds up to 10 liters of storage space.
• The front stretch pocket comes in handy for storing many quick access items.
• The shoulder straps are soft edged to prevent discomfort.
• A height adjustable lid with gear attachment loops is attached to this backpack.
• It comes with liking poll loops, ice axe loops, and helmet holder loops.
• Double-layered base. SOS labeled.
• Deuter Aircontact System Stabilizer straps help the optimal positioning of the backpack.
• Deuter Vari Flex hip fins help you to keep the balance even when the backpack is heavily loaded.
• The biggest con about this backpack is, it is not waterproof, or neither has it come with an additional rain cover. So you may have to purchase an extra rain cover.
• This backpack is not comfortable for women with shorter statures.
(7)Mountaintop 70L+10L Outdoor Sports Water-resistant Internal Frame Backpack Hiking Backpack Backpacking Trekking Bag:
Mountaintop has been designing and making backpacks for more than 30 years. This Mountaintop backpack is large which offers a combined storage volume of 80 liters. It is made with YKK zipper and YKK buckle Korea nylon which is durable and resists UV damage and water. The well padded back and the straps distribute the weight evenly for comfort. This backpack is suitable for any travel like camping, hiking, trekking, etc. This Mountaintop backpack is internally framed to provide maximum stability and support. The pockets, hip belt, top lid and hydration access system makes this backpack more and more versatile.
• With eight different compression straps, you can tie your bag with anything, or you can hang up the tent, sleeping bags, hammock and other gears.
• This bag is huge. With the space capacity of 70 liters, this bag can carry everything you need. The extension collar gives 10 Liters of more space.
• You can hook the carabiner, selfie stick, ice axe, hiking poles and tripod with the daisy chains dangling in the backpack.
• You can quickly access the main compartment by the zipped opening present in the front.
• You can adjust the back length of the backpack according to your height and torso length with the help of the ‘8 level adjuster’.
• Separate bottom compartments with divider are perfect to separate muddy shoes and wet clothes.
• Hydration access is at the side of the bag.
• The hydration system is compatible to hold 3 liters of water.
• A built in rain cover protects the already waterproof bag from a sudden shower.
• No warranty is available on this backpack.
• Some people have found the hydration pouch too small.
• This backpack is not useful for the short and skinny people.
(8)TETON Sports Grand 5500 Backpack:
This backpack is custom made for the dangerous expeditions. This backpack from Teton Sports has the largest space capacity of any backpack has to offer. The internal aluminum frame provides structure and strength. It gives optimal comfort with the help of the padded lumbar region and adjustable back panel even when it is loaded. This backpack is waterproof and features many gear loops and compression straps for hanging all of your equipments. You can access the main compartment from a U-shaped zipper from the front. If you are looking for a bag you can use for an extreme expedition; this bag is the one for you.
• This backpack is 100% waterproof, and a free rain cover is provided which can also be used as a temporary shelter.
• The space capacity is 90 liters.
• The external 3L zipper pocket can be separated from it to create a separate day pack.
• The sturdy oxford shell gives it durability.
• This backpack is too big to carry for people with shorter torso length.
(9)TERRA PEAK Adjustable Hiking Backpack 55L/65L/85L+20L for Men Women with Free Rain Cover Included Black Navy
This backpack is for people who love hiking. This bag has an adjustable internal frame system which helps people to achieve a perfect fit, even when it is heavily loaded. It comes with eight compression straps, trekking pole attachments for tying up the pack or hanging other gears. This bag is super lightweight, weighs only 2.05 kg and has the relatively large storage capacity of 55L/65L/85L, which can be increased by 20L with the help of the pockets and compression straps.
• This backpack comprises a fully adjustable back panel which provides you the perfect fit.
• Many compartments make this backpack a versatile one.
• It is lighter than it looks. Anybody can move this smoothly.
• The back mesh panel and padded shoulder straps and sternum straps offer you cushioned comfort.
• This backpack is fully waterproof, and a built in rain cover is provided with it.
• It does not come with a hydration pouch, though one can be added.
• The top compartment cannot be removed for a day pack.
• No hip belt pocket and no separate compartment for the rain cover.
(10)High Sierra Appalachian 75 Backpacking Pack
If you are looking for a backpack which is durable and affordable, have a look at this High Sierra Appalachian 75 backpack. An adjustable lead can close the main compartment of this backpack. The aluminum frame can adjust to your shape, whereas the padded straps and mesh lined back panel provides you comfort when you walk with this bag fully loaded. The back panel is fashioned with many airflow channels which keep your back dry and comfortable. This pack has a lifetime warranty.
• This bag is made with very durable material and good quality zippers, which is essential for waterproofing.
• It comes with a built in hydration pouch which can easily hold two 3 liter bottles.
• The sleeping bag compartment is enormous. You can easily tuck your zero to ten degrees sleeping bag which is used in high altitude.
• The straps are adjustable enough and long enough to tie anything up.
• The water resistant cover is located under the sleeping bag compartment.
• This bag is not as lightweight as any $300-$400 bags.
1. Why travel with a backpack at all?
A: Suitcases are great if you’re staying at one place for a very long time, but if you are planning to move around a lot it’s better to have a backpack. Backpacks are easy to use when you want to walk up hills or stairs.
2. What size backpack should you buy?
A: You should buy your backpack keeping your height and torso length in your mind. Measure your torso length from your C7 to the top of your hip bone. This following list should help you-
Pack size Torso length
Extra Small Up to 15+.”
Small 16” to 17.”
Medium 18” to 19.”
Large 20+” and up.
3. How much should you spend on a backpack?
A: Most backpacks cost between $99 -$300. The price mostly depends on the quality, size, fabric and brand.
4. Is there any woman specific backpack available?
A: Yes. The backpacks are usually smaller because females have smaller frame size. These backpacks have more contoured straps and hip belt, keeping the female form in mind.
5. Is there any backpack available that suits a child?
A: Yes. These are usually the smaller version of a backpack for men. Kids can also use the female backpacks because of their shorter torso length.
6. How to choose a backpack according to trip length?
A: You should choose the backpacks according to your trip length. The list given below should help you-
Trip length Space capacity of the backpack
1-3 nights 30-50 Liters
3-5 nights 50-70 Liters
5+ nights 70+ liters
1. Wash your backpack separately from your clothes.
2. Do not use water too hot or too cold. Wash it with clean, normal water.
3. Do not use any detergent with alkaline properties. That can bleach the color of your backpack.
4. You should avoid extrusion deformation when it is not in use.
5. Avoid direct sun exposure. The direct sun exposure burns the color out. Using a rain cover over your bag should do the trick. The rain cover will also keep your bag clean on the outside.
6. Store the backpack in a ventilated place when not in use.
Pack your bag with only the things you want. Avoid packing too much unnecessary stuff. Always check the weight of your bag as you have to carry it. So keep the bag as light as possible. When you are done packing, take the backpack for a test walk and try to lift it with ease. Carry it for 15 minutes and see if you can carry this bag for long or look for any discomfort that is bothering you. For any long trip your bag shouldn’t weigh more than 15 kg. Follow the maintenance rule to keep your bag in good condition for years.
Have a great Travel with the listed perfect waterproof travel backpacks recommended by us.