Many people choose backpacks over suitcases because carrying a backpack is more convenient if you are traveling somewhere looking for adventures. Picking up the right backpack is too important because if you choose it too big, you have to carry a load of extra weight; if the backpack is too small, you can’t fit some valuable items; if the material is not waterproof, and your items will be soaked in the rain. So we tried to bring the best waterproof travel backpack for you.
Here is the best guide which I recommend you
You have to think about quite a few features before buying a backpack for yourself. An important tip is, never borrow a backpack from your friend or buy it based on your friend’s recommendation, as your need can be different from your friend, or the size can be too big or too small for you. Here we are discussing some aspects you want to consider before buying one for yourself.
1. Size: Pick up a backpack you can carry easily and comfortably.
2. Waterproofing: Look for a backpack made of a water resistant material, as you don’t want to open your bag to find a bunch of wet clothes whenever you get caught in the rain.
3. Access: A good backpack should have many compartments so that you can organize everything, from a sleeping bag to those dirty hiking boots, in it. You can use the lockable hideout pockets to hide some extra money, your Id proofs or passports.
4. Frame: There are three kinds of frames pack- none, internal and external. Nowadays most backpacks are internally framed, though some externally framed models are available. But make sure you avoid the externally framed packs as these are heavier, and you would want to avoid the extra load.
5. Straps: Good straps ensure a better fit. If the straps are not good enough, you will feel uncomfortable. Buy a backpack that has a padded hip strap, padded shoulder strap, a strap connecting across your chest and a carry strap.
Here I make a personal review for some great backpacks for your consideration, hope you’ll choose the best one in fast way and ready for your journey soon.
Chrome BG-187-SEIN Sea/Indigo One Size Rostov Backpack:
The Chrome BG-187-SEIN One Size Rostov Backpack is one of the best backpacks you can find for any motorcycle trip. This backpack weighs 1.6 pounds which is not too heavy or not too light and made of military grade material. This backpack rocks the rugged look and can carry a surprisingly large payload. It comes with many compartments to help your organization skill. This is a smaller backpack that helps you commute some extra miles without being uncomfortable and has some features you are going to love without giving a load on your pocket. Consumers have rated this laptop bag five stars out of 5.
• Item Weight: 1.6 pounds, which is not too heavy or not too light.
• Product dimension: 18.5 x 12 x 4 inches. The exact medium size makes the backpack not too big or small.
• It is internally framed so that you don’t have to carry some extra weight.
• Constructed from military grade materials.
• This backpack is waterproof.
• This backpack comes with a custom metal webhook or harness.
• It has two quick release side compression straps for gear attachment.
• It has Ergonomic shoulder strap design with EVA foam back panel which promises a perfect fit.
• Made from abrasion resistant 1050 denier nylon.
• This backpack has custom metal fastening hardware.
• There is a compartment for the laptop.
• This backpack is durable and stylish.
• Available in two different color variations- Sea and Indigo.
• This backpack can carry a surprisingly large weight.
• Have many compartments to help you organize everything from the laptop to the power adaptor.
• Includes two-year protection for $6.80.
• Made particularly for the motorbike hikers.
• This backpack is not foldable.
• Not entirely waterproof.
• The chest strap hook is uncomfortable as it points upwards.
Deuter ACT Lite 60+10 SL Backpack:
If you are considering a slightly heavier backpack, you may think of the new Deuter ACT Lite 60+10 SL Backpack. This backpack comes with very lightweight multi-chamber aluminum X-frame with an adjustable harness. The multilayer hip belt helps the forward pull function which readily fastened even with heavy loads. The gear capacity of this backpack is 60 liters which are more than enough to hold everything you want. It comes with a lot of compartments to help you organize everything from sleeping bags to laptops. It comes with an extendable collar which adds up another 10 liters of storage.
• The lightweight multi-chamber aluminum X-frame with an adjustable harness ensures an excellent comfort and fit.
• The bottom zipped compartment is made for storing sleeping bag and other lightweight items without disturbing the load stability.
• Comes with the vertical and horizontal external compression straps which help to distribute the heavy loads so that it can be carried comfortably.
• The extendable collar adds up to 10 liters of storage space.
• The front stretch pocket comes in handy for storing many quick access items.
• The shoulder straps are soft edged to prevent discomfort.
• A height adjustable lid with gear attachment loops is attached to this backpack.
• It comes with liking poll loops, ice axe loops, and helmet holder loops.
• Double-layered base. SOS labeled.
• Deuter Aircontact System Stabilizer straps help the optimal positioning of the backpack.
• Deuter Vari Flex hip fins help you to keep the balance even when the backpack is heavily loaded.
• The biggest con about this backpack is, it is not waterproof, or neither has it come with an additional rain cover. So you may have to purchase an extra rain cover.
• This backpack is not comfortable for women with shorter statures.
WEONEDREAM Multifunction Large Capacity Backpacks Waterproof :
The WEONEDREAM Multifunction Large Capacity Backpack is one of the most multifunctional bags WEONEDREAM has ever produced. This backpack is suitable for the most occasions like hiking, camping, day pack, traveling and touring, fishing, rock climbing, mountaineering and so on. It is made with 1000D mesh falder material which is not only fashionable but also durable enough to sustain those rugged trips. This bag is fully waterproof so you can never have to deal with wet clothes if you get caught in a sudden shower. The space capacity of this bag is 60L which provides you enough space to pack the necessary items. This bag is a multifunction bag which makes functions as a backpack, a shoulder bag, a handbag, and a suitcase.
• The material is highly durable and fashionable, made with 1000D mesh falder.
• The backpack is made of 100% waterproof material.
• The removable panel divides the bag into four different compartments.
• Four shrink bags can differently pack your dirty shoes, clean and unclean clothes.
• This backpack has large space capacity of 60 liters, which helps you carry a lot of items.
• Length x Width x Height: 25.6 inch x 11.8 inch x 12.2 inch
• This backpack can be used as a multifunctional bag like a backpack, cross shoulder bag, and a handbag.
• The straps are made such a way that prevents any discomfort.
• You can use this backpack for almost any occasion including business trips, fishing, rock climbing, cycling, skiing, and camping.
• If washed with hot water and alkaline detergent, the color may damage.
• Over sun exposure can deform the color.
• No harness is attached to it, so mountaineering or hiking with it is not such a good idea.
• There is no extendable collar to add some extra storage.
Mountaintop [2017 NEW] 65L Internal Frame Backpack Water-resistant Hiking Backpack:
The mountaintop 65L Internal Frame Water- resistant hiking Backpack is one of the most highly rated backpacks available in the market. This backpack is made with YKK buckle Korea nylon and SBS zipper, making it durable and ideal for any hardcore activity like camping, hiking, etc. the internal capacity of this backpack is 65 Liters which can be expanded by five more liters with the extension collar present. Though this backpack is made with a waterproof material, an extra waterproof cover is provided with it. It is internally framed and engineered in such a way that distributes the massive weight equally to provide comfortable backpacking.
• The extension collar adds up to 5 liters of space to the 65 liters of internal compartment.
• This backpack is provided with two hip belt pockets, two lid pockets, two mesh water bottle pouches and one of each bladder sleeve and front pocket.
• The extra rain cover provides extra protection to the backpack that you can never wake up with damp clothes in your bag.
• Eight extra compression straps to tie up the sleeping bag, tent, hammock and other gears with the backpack.
• The hip belt and padded shoulder straps provide air circulation to your back and shoulder.
• Trekking pole attachments with bottom loops are present to tie up some extra gears like ice axe.
• The shoulder straps are provided with D formed hooks with which small pieces of gears can also be attached.
• Two key hooks are present in the main compartment.
• This backpack is made exclusively for mountaineers and hikers.
• Some users complained that this bag is not suitable for people with short statures.
• The hip belt doesn’t fit a person with narrow waist and hip.
• Some have complained that the shoulder straps are highly uncomfortable.
Mountaintop 70L+10L Outdoor Sports Water-resistant Internal Frame Backpack Hiking Backpack Backpacking Trekking Bag:
Mountaintop has been designing and making backpacks for more than 30 years. This Mountaintop backpack is large which offers a combined storage volume of 80 liters. It is made with YKK zipper and YKK buckle Korea nylon which is durable and resists UV damage and water. The well padded back and the straps distribute the weight evenly for comfort. This backpack is suitable for any travel like camping, hiking, trekking, etc. This Mountaintop backpack is internally framed to provide maximum stability and support. The pockets, hip belt, top lid and hydration access system makes this backpack more and more versatile.
• With eight different compression straps, you can tie your bag with anything, or you can hang up the tent, sleeping bags, hammock and other gears.
• This bag is huge. With the space capacity of 70 liters, this bag can carry everything you need. The extension collar gives 10 Liters of more space.
• You can hook the carabiner, selfie stick, ice axe, hiking poles and tripod with the daisy chains dangling in the backpack.
• You can quickly access the main compartment by the zipped opening present in the front.
• You can adjust the back length of the backpack according to your height and torso length with the help of the ‘8 level adjuster’.
• Separate bottom compartments with divider are perfect to separate muddy shoes and wet clothes.
• Hydration access is at the side of the bag.
• The hydration system is compatible to hold 3 liters of water.
• A built in rain cover protects the already waterproof bag from a sudden shower.
• No warranty is available on this backpack.
• Some people have found the hydration pouch too small.
• This backpack is not useful for the short and skinny people.
TETON Sports Grand 5500 Backpack:
This backpack is custom made for the dangerous expeditions. This backpack from Teton Sports has the largest space capacity of any backpack has to offer. The internal aluminum frame provides structure and strength. It gives optimal comfort with the help of the padded lumbar region and adjustable back panel even when it is loaded. This backpack is waterproof and features many gear loops and compression straps for hanging all of your equipments. You can access the main compartment from a U-shaped zipper from the front. If you are looking for a bag you can use for an extreme expedition; this bag is the one for you.
• This backpack is 100% waterproof, and a free rain cover is provided which can also be used as a temporary shelter.
• The space capacity is 90 liters.
• The external 3L zipper pocket can be separated from it to create a separate day pack.
• The sturdy oxford shell gives it durability.
• This backpack is too big to carry for people with shorter torso length.
Outdoor Foundry 100% Waterproof Backpack – Dry Bag Closure – Optional Laptop Sleeve – 35L – Padded Back and Straps:
If you’re looking for a rainforest expedition, this bag is perfect. It is precisely designed to sustain any water sport, adventure trips, and motorcycle trips. This bag is fully waterproof and can float when immersed. Two varieties of this bag are available in the market, one with the laptop sleeve, another without the laptop sleeve. The padded back, the shoulder straps, the sternum strap and the waist belt, provide maximum comfort.
• With the space capacity of 35 liters, this bag is a perfect choice for women.
• It provides easy access to the gears with two mesh side pockets and a large front pocket.
• There is a bungee cord system present in this bag.
• The bag is 100% waterproof with water resistant zipper, and it can float in the water.
• Both versions of this bag include a comfortable harness.
• The padded straps and the padded back make this comfortable to wear all day.
• The laptop sleeve is too small to put a full sized laptop in.
TERRA PEAK Adjustable Hiking Backpack 55L/65L/85L+20L for Men Women with Free Rain Cover Included Black Navy:
This backpack is for people who love hiking. This bag has an adjustable internal frame system which helps people to achieve a perfect fit, even when it is heavily loaded. It comes with eight compression straps, trekking pole attachments for tying up the pack or hanging other gears. This bag is super lightweight, weighs only 2.05 kg and has the relatively large storage capacity of 55L/65L/85L, which can be increased by 20L with the help of the pockets and compression straps.
• This backpack comprises a fully adjustable back panel which provides you the perfect fit.
• Many compartments make this backpack a versatile one.
• It is lighter than it looks. Anybody can move this smoothly.
• The back mesh panel and padded shoulder straps and sternum straps offer you cushioned comfort.
• This backpack is fully waterproof, and a built in rain cover is provided with it.
• It does not come with a hydration pouch, though one can be added.
• The top compartment cannot be removed for a day pack.
• No hip belt pocket and no separate compartment for the rain cover.
High Sierra Appalachian 75:
If you are looking for a backpack which is durable and affordable, have a look at this High Sierra Appalachian 75 backpack. An adjustable lead can close the main compartment of this backpack. The aluminum frame can adjust to your shape, whereas the padded straps and mesh lined back panel provides you comfort when you walk with this bag fully loaded. The back panel is fashioned with many airflow channels which keep your back dry and comfortable. This pack has a lifetime warranty.
• This bag is made with very durable material and good quality zippers, which is essential for waterproofing.
• It comes with a built in hydration pouch which can easily hold two 3 liter bottles.
• The sleeping bag compartment is enormous. You can easily tuck your zero to ten degrees sleeping bag which is used in high altitude.
• The straps are adjustable enough and long enough to tie anything up.
• The water resistant cover is located under the sleeping bag compartment.
• This bag is not as lightweight as any $300-$400 bags.
1. Why travel with a backpack at all?
A: Suitcases are great if you’re staying at one place for a very long time, but if you are planning to move around a lot it’s better to have a backpack. Backpacks are easy to use when you want to walk up hills or stairs.
2. What size backpack should you buy?
A: You should buy your backpack keeping your height and torso length in your mind. Measure your torso length from your C7 to the top of your hip bone. This following list should help you-
Pack size Torso length
Extra Small Up to 15+.”
Small 16” to 17.”
Medium 18” to 19.”
Large 20+” and up.
3. How much should you spend on a backpack?
A: Most backpacks cost between $99 -$300. The price mostly depends on the quality, size, fabric and brand.
4. Is there any woman specific backpack available?
A: Yes. The backpacks are usually smaller because females have smaller frame size. These backpacks have more contoured straps and hip belt, keeping the female form in mind.
5. Is there any backpack available that suits a child?
A: Yes. These are usually the smaller version of a backpack for men. Kids can also use the female backpacks because of their shorter torso length.
6. How to choose a backpack according to trip length?
A: You should choose the backpacks according to your trip length. The list given below should help you-
Trip length Space capacity of the backpack
1-3 nights 30-50 Liters
3-5 nights 50-70 Liters
5+ nights 70+ liters
1. Wash your backpack separately from your clothes.
2. Do not use water too hot or too cold. Wash it with clean, normal water.
3. Do not use any detergent with alkaline properties. That can bleach the color of your backpack.
4. You should avoid extrusion deformation when it is not in use.
5. Avoid direct sun exposure. The direct sun exposure burns the color out. Using a rain cover over your bag should do the trick. The rain cover will also keep your bag clean on the outside.
6. Store the backpack in a ventilated place when not in use.
Pack your bag with only the things you want. Avoid packing too much unnecessary stuff. Always check the weight of your bag as you have to carry it. So keep the bag as light as possible. When you are done packing, take the backpack for a test walk and try to lift it with ease. Carry it for 15 minutes and see if you can carry this bag for long or look for any discomfort that is bothering you. For any long trip your bag shouldn’t weigh more than 15 kg. Follow the maintenance rule to keep your bag in good condition for years.
Have a great Travel with the listed perfect waterproof travel backpacks recommended by us.